Do i need to provide any additional information about the items that need to be removed before the job begins?

They can start to cross out objects. We haven't translated this page into Spanish yet. Let us know if you want to make it a priority and we'll work to translate it as soon as possible. Many of your questions can be answered by consulting the Handbook for Unemployed Workers.

Unemployment benefits partially replace your regular income and help you cover expenses while you look for another job. They are not based on financial need. While receiving benefits, it's your responsibility to get back to work as quickly as possible. How do I apply for benefits? A.

Apply for benefits online anytime or call the claims center. You can also apply for benefits by phone. How long can I receive benefits? A. Your request is valid for a “benefit year”, which lasts 52 weeks, starting the week you submit your application.

You can't file a new application in Washington until your benefit year ends, even if you received all your benefits. Most claims receive between 13 and 26 weeks of benefits. How much will my weekly pay be? A. A number of things are taken into account when determining the amount of your weekly check.

See the How Much Will I Receive page for more information. You can stop applying at any time during your benefit year and reapply for the balance of your benefits until the end of your benefit year if you meet all of the eligibility requirements. However, if you stop submitting an application, even for one week, your application will be inactive and you will have to submit it again during the first week that you meet the requirements and want to submit it again. If your WorkSource office requests information about your return to work, respond.

Keep filing your weekly claims like you do now. Even if you live in another state, Washington State will still pay your benefits. If you worked in Washington and other states in the past two years, you could get more money if you apply for benefits by combining the salaries you earned in Washington with the salaries of other states. You must have a salary in Washington to file a combined wage lawsuit against Washington.

After you move, submit a change of address. If you have specific questions, call the claims center. How do I file a claim if I didn't work in the state of Washington? A. You cannot file for unemployment in Washington State if you did not work in Washington during the base year.

The only exceptions to this rule are if you were in the military or worked for the federal government. To file an unemployment claim, you must apply in one of the states where you worked in the past two years. Contact each state where you worked to learn about your claim options in those states. I didn't work last week.

You can delay your application by one week when you apply for benefits online. If you request to delay your request by more than a week, we will ask you to provide us with additional information. What do I do if I didn't declare my income or if I reported it incorrectly? A. Call the claims center for help as soon as possible.

You must still meet job search requirements while working part-time. If you didn't work more than 17 hours in any week of your base period, you may need to look only for a part-time job. Working part-time generally extends the number of weeks you can receive benefits. The extra income can also help you qualify for a new application when your benefit year ends.

When do I declare my vacation or vacation pay? A. Report vacation pay when you claim the week the holiday occurred. Don't wait until you get paid for your vacation to report it. If your vacation pay accrued and doesn't have specific dates associated with it, you don't need to declare it.

However, if your vacation pay was for specific days, it's deductible and you must declare it. Be sure to report it for the week (s) in which the vacation days occurred. If you have questions or questions, call the claims center for help. How do my benefits affect severance pay, payment instead of notification, or continued payment? A.

Severance payments don't usually affect your unemployment benefits. However, payment instead of prior notice or continued payment with all guaranteed benefits may affect your benefits. Report any separation-related payments you receive or are entitled to receive to the claims center. Why doesn't the reason for my work separation appear in the drop-down list of the Internet application? A.

You have a limited number of options to tell us why you are no longer employed. Choose the one that best describes your situation. When selecting a reason, you may be asked to provide more details. If you can't find the description that best describes your situation, you can call the claims center to apply for unemployment benefits.

Are my unemployment benefits taxable? A. The Federal Internal Revenue Service (IRS) income tax law does not require us to withhold taxes from your weekly unemployment benefits. However, you can choose to have 10 percent deducted from your weekly benefits for income tax purposes. You can avoid a big tax bill if you decide to have income taxes withheld from your benefits.

We cannot refund any money that we withhold for income tax purposes. If we overpay you and the payment includes an IRS deduction, you will have to refund the benefits you received, along with the amount we withheld and sent to the IRS. You can stop and restart the tax deduction for your weekly benefits at any time from your eServices account or by calling the claims center. However, only the IRS can refund your income tax withholding and only if you qualify for a refund on your annual federal income tax return.

What's on my Form 1099-G, statement for recipients of unemployment compensation payments? A. The amount shown on Form 1099-G includes all benefits that were paid to you during the previous tax year. The total also includes benefits that you may have reimbursed due to an overpayment. If you refunded benefits, don't include the amount refunded in the total amount you report to the IRS on your tax return.

However, you must make this adjustment when you file your tax return. In January, we mailed a copy to every person who was paid unemployment benefits during the previous calendar year. Call for automated information by phone. Additional information on the 1099-G is also available.

Layoffs, lockouts, and labor disputes Calculate the amount of your weekly unemployment benefit, and then use the income deductions table to see if a one-day reduction in your gross wage makes you eligible for any benefits. We decide eligibility on a case-by-case basis. Anyone has the right to apply for benefits and apply for weekly benefits. When we have all the data, we determine eligibility.

What can I do if my employer is planning a layoff? A. Your employer may qualify for the Work Sharing Program. The Services may contain message boards, forums, bulletin boards, and job boards (together, “Interactive Services”) that allow users to post, display, or transmit to other users or other people (hereinafter, “post”) materials or content, including comments (together, “User Contributions”) on or through the Services. THE SERVICES, THEIR CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE”, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.

In addition, NEOGOV may, at its sole discretion, cancel your account on the Services or suspend or terminate your access to the Services at any time and for any reason, with or without notice. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, THEIR CONTENT AND ANY SERVICE OR ITEM OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. .

Ginger Arguelles
Ginger Arguelles

Award-winning troublemaker. Professional web junkie. Avid entrepreneur. Hardcore decluttering fanatic.

Leave Reply

All fileds with * are required